Monday, September 21, 2009

Kitchen Makeover

I got a new camera! Yay! Camera's are so cheap nowadays.  My last one was double the price but half as great as this new one.  I'm so excited that I can take pictures again!


Now on to the kitchen!  My mom and I have had some things done around the house to update it...both for ourselves and for possible future home buyers.  About a month or so ago we painted our family room.  We decided that the one room that REALLY needed updating was our kitchen.  My mom had already gotten new appliances about a year ago...and we recently had our cabinets re-faced.  However, our new fancy wooden cabinets did not match with our pale pink formica counters. 





My mom and I had a little fun with our counters before getting them changed out:



Hmm...which one of us did this one? Maybe the one raised in the 70's?

A depiction of my mom in the morning.

Even Holly and Erika got into the action when they came over the other night.  Here's one that they did.  The one on the right was the result of a marker fight my mom and I had.

Oh...that Holly is so clever! (this bit of art was drawn on the island, of course)
 

2 days later and we got the new counters. Voila:


 

It's so shiny! and so sophisticated looking compared to our late 90's style formica (to which the non-english speaking installer said "eh...this formica....yuck").

1 comment: