Friday, September 18, 2009

Television...my other boyfriend

Fall is here...and this means my shows are back on! Well except for Lost.  I'm pretty sure the creators of Lost are trying to kill me by leaving me in suspense for like 18 months. I don't need you, Lost.  I never think about how this will be your last season and how I'll never see you again after that! wah.

Anyways...

Glee just started.  Holly, Erika, and I decided that we would make a night out of it.  Erika came over with some ice cream (healthy ice-cream...day 5 of WW and still going strong!) so she won some more cool points.  The third episode didn't wow me as much as the first two did....but I still loved it.  Holly thinks the teacher's growing increasingly creepy.  If he keeps singing trendy suggestive rap songs like he has been, I might have to start agreeing.


Parks and Recreation is very much like The Office...but with a girl.  It's pretty funny.  I love Amy Poehler so that's reason enough for me to watch it.


The Office has always been a favorite.  Never know what that Michael is gonna do next.  He's ridic.  I was afraid that once Pam and Jim got together that things would get boring but they've kept up pretty well.  We all know how I feel about John Krasinski.


I tried watching Community tonight.  Couldn't really get into it, honestly.  I thought Joel McHale...Chevy Chase...good cast right? meh.  I don't know if I'll watch it again.


Project Runway...always amazing.  They made clothing out of paper tonight.  It was interesting.  That show reminds me so much of undergrad in architecture.  The time crunch, not being sure of yourself, professors/Tim Gunn coming by to tell you what you're doing wrong and right, and then the presentation to a jury.  It's way too familiar.  But maybe that's why I love it.


I'm on the third season of 30 Rock. How did I never watch this show until now?? Every character is hilarious!  I love Tina Fey's character.  Nerds can be cool and successful in their own way.  There is hope for me yet.


I've never really watched Dancing with the Stars but I might start for one reason - Melissa Joan Hart.  Did anyone ever watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch? Well I still do...several days a week...at 2 on ABC Family.  And while I probably shouldn't have admitted that...I have noted that MJH (cause we're tight) is a horrible dancer.  Just the opening alone...yikes.




Does anybody else find it weird that token brown people are becoming more and more frequent? Office...Kelly. Glee...the principal. Parks...Aziz Ansari. 30 Rock...Jonathan.  Lost...Sayid.  Community...the one dude. Crazy crazy.

1 comment: