Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Song of the Day + Excessive Story Telling

There are three reasons I am choosing The Kooks for today's band.

The first is that they are awesome.  Their songs are so upbeat.  And let's face it...I kinda like singing with along with someone who has a British accent. "See, I've got this woman heee-aahhh. She lohves me ohll the tiiime".  I can even e-sing it with an accent.  Awesome.

The second is because of a restaurant in Gainesville called The Top.  The Top is one of the places I miss the most from my college days.  It has a great atmosphere, the food is tasty, and the people are generally friendly.  Anyways, one of the things I really like about The Top is that sometimes people purposely leave things behind so that other people can take them.  Usually it's books left on the tables or little toy army men on the bathroom shelf (away from the toilet...so sanitary...i think.)  I never took anything but one day I hit the jackpot.  Somebody left the latest Kooks cd on the bathroom shelf.  It was brand-new! It was mine.



And...the third is because it gives me memories of my trip to Amsterdam.  This trip was taken 3 years ago with some kids from my architecture studio and our professor.  We were studying bike traffic.  This song seemed to be on everywhere I went in that city.  Amsterdam was so awesome that some friends that were studying abroad in Italy decided to meet up with me.  We went out to this little bar one night and...again...the song!  So now I just associate this song with the fuzzy feelings I had while spending some time with good friends in an interesting city.


 


Alright well that was a lot of explaining for one little embedded YouTube video.  So here's the first song I heard by The Kooks....Naive.  Again, can't post the real music video...so you'll have to deal with this cheesy one made by some girls who had a lot of time on their hands.  Just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment