Thursday, September 3, 2009

Colorado Day 1: Denver/Boulder

Day 1 of our Colorado trip didn't start out so smoothly. Ojas was gonna to be in Denver by 9:30 and I was supposed to be there at 10:30...just enough time for him to pick up the car, dilly dally for a bit then meet me at baggage claim. But of course my plane's windshield had to be replaced and I was told that the next flight would be going out the next day. No no...I wasn't having that. So they put me on another airline and I was off! I ended up in Denver at around 12:45. Ojas had to waste some time so he ended up driving to town and back...which was good because he kind of figured out a good area to eat by the time I got there.

We ended up at the 16th Street Mall. I still don't have a camera and Ojas's camera battery died...great. So i bought a disposable. I'll have to show you those pics later. We walked through the mall (which was one of the main streets downtown) and walked through the center of performing arts and the convention center. The architecture was mind blowing. I hate that we don't have steel and heavy wood materials in Florida architecture! Oh well.

After eating a huge spicy guacamole veggie burger at this place called the Paramount, we decided we were ready to get out of Denver and go to Boulder. Boulder was somewhat of a transition because it wasn't a big city like Denver...it was a suburban college town that was closer to the mountains. I loved it. We spent most of our time walking around Pearl St. It was entertaining seeing the street performers and hippies in town. Ya know...Boulder and Portland have a lot of hippies. I think the difference is that Portland's hippies are genuinely bummin' whereas Boulder hippies are kinda well off...for hippies anyways.

After a little nap we headed back to Pearl St. to eat some Mexican food and go dancing. The dancing idea was actually Ojas's. I was wondering which hippy had given him which drugs. We ended up at a place that was playing 70's music...it was perfect. There were all kinds of characters there...some even dressed up in full Elvis attire. We were pooped out around 12. We blamed it on our early flights so we went back to the hotel and crashed out.

We had charged up Ojas's camera battery in Boulder. So here are some pics of DAY 1!


View from the hotel...MOUNTAINS!



Pearl St. at night...apparently it was pretty dead for a Thursday night. We were wondering where everyone was considering that CU's semester had just started a few days ago.







Us at the bar...somehow Ojas always ends up with Asian eyes in pictures :)


No comments:

Post a Comment