Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Paint-tastic Sunday

My mom and I decided it was time to update the room we all spend so much time in -- the family room. So with a fresh new can of Behr's "Purple Statice"...that is just what we did. I'll just let the pictures do the explaining. Again, my camera's broke...so we used our crappy phone cameras.

BEFORE (disregard the mess...these pics were taken midway through the paint prep phase):

Photobucket

Photobucket

AFTER (the picture just doesn't do it justice):
Photobucket

We are soo happy about the result! Although...I don't know how my brother's gonna feel about watching TV in a predominantly purple room. Oh well...he's going away for grad school so what does it matter anyways.

In other news...I cannot wait to paint my own house someday. It's amazing what a can of paint can do for a room.

6 comments:

  1. i like it!
    what a productive sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I love that color! It's so intense and exciting.

    MISS YOUR FACE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and while I applaud you for your effort, I would have gone for dark red, personally. Because, you know, what I think is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jon...he's going to nova in ft lauderdale.

    dark red huh? like the color of blood? :P

    ReplyDelete