Monday, November 30, 2009

Swings and Carnival Bling


Sometimes I get into these really weird moods.  When I'm in these moods, I usually feel pretty down...the worse part is not knowing what will make me feel better.  Last Saturday, my mind and body couldn't decide whether I wanted to lay on the couch and watch made-for-tv movies or if I wanted to gather some friends and check out the carnival being put on my the local Italian American club.  After calling some people and losing all motivation, I had pretty much decided that laying on the couch was the option that seemed to be calling out to me.  Then my mom got home from work.

Turns out she was in the same exact mood.  She decided that we needed to get out of the house so we went and got dinner.  We came home and after a few glasses of wine, it seemed so silly that we were passing up on a carnival.  So my mom and I went to the carnival...while slightly under the influence. Slighty.


 
 
 
 

We opted to save our money by just simply walking around the carnival...taking in all the lights, the smell of the funnel cakes, the excitement of little kids.  Then we saw this baby:



Now...I'm not a huge fan of riding carnival rides seeing as how they're put up and taken down so easily.  For instance, you would never see me on the ride in the third picture above.  No way.  But the swings were different.  They were my favorite ride at the Dade County Fair (which we went to EVERY year when I lived in Miami).  Naturally, as the wine coursed through our bodies, we were (or maybe just I was) itching to get on this thing.



My mom insisted that she try to take pictures while we were on the ride.
I don't think I laughed that hard in a while.  Only you can't see anything but my arms and legs.


This is a horrible picture...as I was extremely sweaty.  But...It turned out to be a good night after all.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment