Friday, November 6, 2009

My Bollywood Legacy

There's something that I left out of my last post because I thought it too important.  It really deserves it's own entry.

In 1967, a major Bollywood film was released.  It was called Naunihal.




This movie featured a playground scene at a boarding school in India.  The scene included the actual children and required them to sing, dance, and toot some horns.  That school in Panchgani happened to be the very institution where my dad and uncle went for several years.  The following clip is of the playground scene.  And in this clip you will find my uncle dancing and singing and tooting a horn and you will my dad swinging around and singing and swaying.  This clip is brought to you by my cousin, Rishal who was thoughtful enough to point out the exact four moments where his dad was featured in the movie. (:50, 2:05, 3:07, 3:15)



My dad is featured in two parts of the video-- at 1:19 (dark shirt, right in front,on the spinning thing) and 1:31 (sitting on the top step on the left).

I am so glad that my uncle and dad did not make a big deal of their movie performances...and that they raised me to become humble and down to earth.  (Note: last statement is dripping with sarcasm)


No comments:

Post a Comment