Monday, November 23, 2009

Girls Weekend in Orlando

If there's anything that I love more than theme parks, it's going to theme parks with some of my favorite girls.  We had been planning an Orlando reunion for MONTHS!  I'm glad we waited though because the weather was beautiful...and the lines were very short.

Before we went on to Universal on Saturday, we decided to go out on Friday.  We were all staying with Sarah who is in Orlando for med school rotations.  She asked if we wanted to meet up with some of her friends before going out.  While we were all for the plan, we thought we'd be going to some dumpy college-y house near downtown Orlando.  No...Sarah failed to mention that this place was on the 27th floor of this awesome apartment building right by Lake Eola!  Look at the view!



Here's our group!


The next day, we rolled out of bed at 11:30 and got to Universal around 3.  Usually this would have KILLED me.  But I said to myself "Self, you have been to this place a million times...so many times that we won't need a map because you'll know where every ride is.  So chill out and enjoy the time you have with your friends."  And so instead of rushing to each ride like a lunatic, I learned that it's a lot of fun to just goof around the park and take silly pictures.


 

 This day also reconfirmed that I need to be working for a theme park.  I'm still in awe of all the fake buildings and stuff!


The next day, Lindsay, LaTeresa and I decided to spend the day at Islands of Adventure while Sarah and Brittany stayed home.  I'm so glad Teresa came out with us this weekend! She was so much fun! And of course, I always love little Lindsay.

Teresa participated in every way she could.  Here she is as one of the stunt actors on the Disaster ride.


Hehe...she loved the Simpsons


We found out that Lindsay's grandpa is friends with the creator of Marmaduke.  Lindsay tried saying hi to Marmaduke...but he kept running away!


My pick for most awesome picture of the day.  Who wouldn't wanna chill out with Cyclops?!

1 comment: