Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ojas and Priya in Southwest Florida

My boyfriend's back and humm hmm hmm hmm hmmm...Hey now Hey now! My boyfriend's back!

Ok well he was back.  For this visit we wanted to take it easy.  No mountain climbing, no alpine sliding and almost running over small mammels. This time is was all about relaxing around Naples.  Ojas got here Thursday night, so on Friday I decided to take him to Sanibel.  Sanibel is an island that is 12 miles long and 5 miles wide...at the widest point.



And so we were off!  But before we left for the island, we saw this thing on my mailbox.  Isn't it the creepiest looking thing ever? It's pretty cool but it had human like eyes!


The first thing on our mind when we got to Sanibel was food.  I'm pretty sure that the love for food is the strongest bond that Ojas and I have.  See how happy ordering pizza makes him?


There was an observatory tower at the side of the restaurant.  Sadly, it was under inspection by the fire department so we going climb to the top of it. :(


I hadn't been to Sanibel in a long time.  It had been years.  I did remember that everytime my family and I went, we'd rent bikes.  There was one time when we rented a surrey bike and I remembered it being pretty fun.  So that's just what we did this time.

Ojas trying to figure out the pedals...with my purse riding up front.


Switch! My turn to drive.


I got excited when I heard there was a lighthouse and the south end of the island.  Turns out it was probably the ugliest lighthouse ever.  So disappointing...



There was a pretty beach around there, though.


We could see Ft. Myers beach from the island.  That would be our next stop.


We lucked out with rain.  It only started raining after we were in Ft.Myers for a while.  We got some time in to sit under the sun...


eat some ice cream and listen to a shaman music band.


The next day we went to a little water park near my house. No pictures, sorry.  At night we met up with the soon-to-be Szatkowskis.


Ojas and I were VERY dark after our weekend out in the sun.  I think I even got sunburned!

No comments:

Post a Comment