Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Excitement + Song of the Day

October is finally in the air!  NOW it feels like Halloween season.  Is it just me or do things look and sound different when it's cooler outside?  Could be just me.  Either way, it's refreshing.

I'm looking forward to Halloween this year.  My plans involve going up to Orlando, meeting some friends, watching the Gator game, then going out on the town.   I think I'm going to stick with my plans of dressing like M.I.A.  She's one of my favorite artists...and she's brown.  Perfect.



I've never been one to spend too much money on Halloween costumes.  No offense to anyone but I just don't see the point of paying $60 for a tiny piece of cloth that supposed to make me look like some kind of sexy something.  I usually like to put together things I have and maybe add a few accessories.  Things I've been in the past were a flapper, Esmeralda, Cleopatra, and a construction worker (ok so maybe I really copped out on that last one).  Those work, right?

Since I'm talking about Halloween, I would like to say how excited I am that ABC Family will once again be rerunning Hocus Pocus this year.  It is the best Halloween movie...ever.  I love the part where Sarah Jessica Parker lures all the children with her witch song. Bette Midler sings "I Put a Spell on You" in the movie.  That is why it's today's song of the day...except in true Screamin' Jay Hawkins style.  His version is, afterall, the most Halloweeny.

No comments:

Post a Comment