Sunday, October 11, 2009

Priya and Mom go to Venetian Bay

Today was one of those days when I  felt like too much of my time is spent just lazying about my house.   I woke up at 11, went to the couch, then suddenly the words of a famous candlestick popped into my head:

"Life is so unnerving
For a servant who's not serving
He's not whole without a soul to wait upon
Ah, those good old days when we were useful...
Suddenly those good old days are gone
Ten years we've been rusting
Needing so much more than dusting
Needing exercise, a chance to use our skills!
Most days we just lay around the castle
Flabby, fat and lazy
You walked in and oops-a-daisy!"

Ok so maybe I'm not an enslaved servant in an enchanted castle, but I need purpose once in a while...to do something fulfilling, even if it's just getting out of the house.  That's when my mom and I decided we would get out and go somewhere just to hang out.

After going to school for architecture and construction, I came back to Naples 6 months ago and realized that there's really not much innovation going on here.  Naples was designed to look like parts of Italy.  In fact, the county code requires that new buildings have Mediterranean influence.  Yeeeeah.  Although I'm not too pleased that every building looks the same, there are parts of Naples that are really pretty.  For our outing today, my mom and I went to Venetian Bay  and spent time window shopping and taking pictures.

 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 

After about an hour, we were done.  It was way too hot outside.  This is October, right?  It's supposed to be below 97 degrees outside, right?  It was nothing that a nice cold Chili's Mojito Rita couldn't take care of :)

No comments:

Post a Comment