Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Beatles Tribute + Song of the Day

I was really bad about posting this week. I guess I was in a pretty bad mood for the last few days. But today is Saturday, I booked my ticket to DC, and I even got a POSITIVE response for a job. I'm not gonna jinx the last one though...just need to be patient.

Anyways, I've been more successful with finding things to do in Naples. It's simple really...just hang out more with the awesome friends I've got here. In Naples, this usually involves going to the movies, or the beach, or bowling, or to Ale House. But occasionally there's something new to do.

The other night Holly, Tim, Brett and I went to a Beatles tribute at Germain Arena. We didn't really know what to expect. The tickets were cheap and we all love the Beatles, so we figured we'd give it a shot.

Although the format of the tribute was kinda cheesy (mostly due to the monologues of a Beatles roadie), the concert parts were really good! The cover band even managed to look like the members of the Beatles.  They played all the great songs and dressed up for each era/song.

Here's "John"


It was cool how they synced (is that the right word?) old videos with the song being played.


"We all live in a yellow submarine...a yellow submarine"


Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club


This was the ending medley where they showed different album covers.  It was pretty sweet.



At the end of the show, Pete Best came out and played with the band.  He was the original drummer for what was then known as "The Beat Brothers".  He recorded their first song with them and then got replaced with Ringo.


It was a fun night.  I think Brett summed it up best when he said "This is probably the closest we're gonna get to seeing the Beatles."  Ain't that the truth.

Why not make this post a "Song of the Day"?  Here's one of my favorite Beatles songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment