Sunday, January 10, 2010

Song of the Day + Washington DC...Dang Cold?

I've been wanting to visit my friends in DC for a loooong time.  When my friends suggested that we meet there for New Years Eve, I was all for it.  Well I'm glad we made it happen because not only did I miss those friends a lot, but I also got to visit our nation's capital!  Now...I knew it would be cold, colder than Florida that is.  Being born and raised in this state, I haven't experienced the cold much...ok maybe I've NEVER really experienced cold weather.  This is why I've dedicated this post to my experience in DC's freezing climate.

 First day out and we come to find that Natalie's car is lined with little tiny icicles.


 Since I had never seen snow, I was naturally fascinated with the large piles of ice that sat on the sides of the streets.


 Wait...so you mean ice skating rinks are actually really supposed to be on frozen bodies of water and not in indoor hockey arenas?


The Reflecting Pool in front of the Washington Monument was completely frozen over.  I'd like to see Jenny try to get to Forrest over that!


And this is me for about 90% of our late night walk through the National Mall...and about 50% of the entire DC trip.


And now for a song...Take it away Selma and Rainn!

No comments:

Post a Comment