Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Career dreams

With lots of time on my hands, there are many times that I think about my chosen career path. I don't want to work in a boring office that doesn't allow for any creativity. Most of my friends know that I would LOOOOOVE to do theme park design. I mean...come on! Isn't half of what makes Disney and Universal great places to go the fake buildings and structures throughout the parks? (ok so maybe my mom calls me a loser for never growing out of my theme park obsession)

Enough about that. The other day I watched a Hindi movie called Saawariya. Yeah it had the same story as any other Indian movie but...man oh man...the sets had me mesmerized. And so now I have one more career to add to my list of "Awesome Careers that I Dream About but will Probably Never Get" -- a production/set designer.

It didn't help that the movie sets/costumes consisted of all of my favorite colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All of this was made from scratch and was filmed indoors. (So maybe I watched the bonus features.)
Photobucket

Who wouldn't wanna live here?!
Photobucket

I'm guessing they got a lot of ideas from Moulin Rouge.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is what my wedding will look like. Except I'll be in red...and there will be a boy.
Photobucket

Wah! I want. I think the theme park idea is more likely (if it's likely at all) but...I can always dream for now.

1 comment:

  1. those sets are so beautiful!!
    i want to watch that movie just to check out the set/production design.

    ReplyDelete