Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Song of the Day + Not- so- romantic Romantic Comedies

The other night I saw Paper Heart. For some reason, I really liked this movie. It was a documentary about Charlyne Yi and her quest to find out what love is. It pretty much had all the elements I could want in a movie: love, awkwardness, and puppet shows. While travelling around America interviewing people, she meets Micheal Cera...who I love. The movie has a lot of cameos in it. I pretty much wanna be friends with all of Charlyne's friends: Demetri Martin, David Krumholtz, Seth Rogen.
I have to say that one of my favorite parts in the movie is when Charlyne interviews some kids at a playground in Atlanta. She holds up the mic to this little black girl and asks "How will you know when you're in love?" and the little girl says "Well, he'll make me happy. Sometimes take me to Applebee's and get me some HOT WINGS!" I immediately thought of Kalen. All in all a good movie, though. I'd recommend it.

 

Speaking of unconventional romantic comedies, 500 Days of Summer comes out today. LOOOOOVED LOVED that movie! So for our song, the Hall and Oates song Joseph Gordon-Levitt dances to in the movie. A treat for both the eyes and the ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment