Monday, December 14, 2009

Priya and Ojas Go To Miami

For those that don't know I was born in Miami.  I lived there till I was 11 when we moved to Naples.  Even though it's only 2 hours away (not even) I don't go there except to visit family occasionally.  Ojas was down for a week long visit and we thought it would be a good idea to go to my hometown for a couple of days.  In two days, we packed in a lot of activity. 

We went to Hollywood to have lunch with my brother at the Hard Rock Resort.  Then we went to Hollywood Beach.  This place was kind of dead on account of the "cold" weather.  But we had a nice walk anyways :)





You can't go to Miami without going to South Beach.  I was a little excited about this part.  Even though I've been to South Beach as a youngun', I've never taken part in the grown up aspects of it (i.e. going out...getting a drink or two).  Unfortunately, South Beach was a little dead too.  I guess Miamians are in no mood to go out if the temperature is less than 80 degrees (maybe it's because they can't wear skimpy clothes? I don't know). 


 South Beach is where we encountered a diner with the most MAMBO menu we have ever seen.

We had also gone out one night in Coconut Grove, where Ojas got me some pretty roses.


On Saturday night, we went to Bayside to eat dinner and take a mini- hour long cruise.  This was Ojas's first cruise of any kind.  He was pretty stoked.



We got really nice views of downtown Miami.  Towards the end of the cruise we saw this giant Christmas tree.  Ojas wanted to walk to it before we left Bayside.  I told him that there was probably no point to walk all the way to it seeing as how we could look at it pretty well from the boat.  But he "works on Christmas Eve and won't have a tree, so he REALLY wanted to walk to it." Allllrighty.  Weirdo.  So we walk to the tree.
 
We're standing 20 feet from the tree.  "Alright...here it is...wanna head out?"..."Let's go closer" he says.  So we go closer.  We find a seat nearby and as soon as I plop down, Ojas takes a box out of his pocket and says "Well since it's Christmas and all....Will you?"  After I saw the ring and said a few "OH MY GOD...'s", I said yes! :)  We then found a latin gay guy (who was admiring the tree and was "just thinking how wonderful it would be if someone proposed by it!") to take our pictures.  I wish I had realized at the time that the pictures were a little blurry but I was in an ecstatic haze.



 
 

I may be an unemployed girl...but I'm a very HAPPY unemployed girl :)

5 comments:

  1. awwwwww PRIYA!!!!!! That's so romantic and sweet. Good job, Ojas! I'm so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looove love love how happy you guys look together throughout this whole post, but i especially love how you are both absolutely beaming as a newly affianced couple in the last snap or two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Priya! I love this story! We must make plans to hear/see more of it in person. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! i love (like blair said) the pictures of you two right after the proposal! especailly love ojas´s proud look.

    gorgeous ring! he has very good reason to be proud... most of all because you said ´yes!´

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Priya! I've heard wonderful things about Ojas and am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete