Monday, April 19, 2010

"Please take it easy, it can't all be my fault"

I've done it again. I've neglected my blog. But I swear I've had my reasons.

Excuse #1:
I have actually been working lately. Gasp!  I have been employed to do some Sketch Up work for some people in Orlando.  While this house has taken several hours of my time...it's actually pretty fun for me.  Here's a little sample:

 Oh if only I could put a little teal on those walls.  I don't think they would like it though.

Excuse #2:
After completing said work one day, I decided that I would relax for a little while.  So before claiming my space on the couch, I walked into my room to grab a book.  That's when I discovered this:

Disregard the pink 80's furniture and you'll see that my carpet is sopping wet! What...not just the carpet in my room??
Oh cool...the hallway between my room and bathroom too.  After a little ("little" meaning "mega") meltdown, my mom and I call a plumber and the insurance company.  The tile of my bathroom isn't wet at all but there's a tricking noise in the wall.  The whole problem was because of this little sucker:
 
So flashforward past some drywall cutting, carpet ripping, and 4 days of giant fans...and now my room looks like this:
Come on, home insurance! Mama wants some new furniture!

Excuse #3:
I've been gallivanting with family.  I saw two live performances with my mom and other members of the Patel clan. One was a one man jazz show with my uncle (Nana).  While the music could've been better, the night was great and people were definitely enjoying themselves:

The other was the Beauty and the Beast Broadway Musical!! AHHH!! EXCITEMENT OVERLOAD! But seriously.  It was so good!  And so colorful!  And I'm really glad I liked the actors because that movie gives them a lot to live up to :)  

We went with my aunt (Anumasi) and my cousin Maya.  As you'll see below, Maya is 15 (count it...that's 10 years younger than me) and yet the two of us were equally excited about this show.

I already have my next post lined up! See ya tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. says the one who just came back from south america and has started her own business! :P

    ReplyDelete