Friday, March 19, 2010

"Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married..."

To say I had fun at Karen and Rick's wedding would be a huge understatement. There are just so many things about weddings that make me happy: seeing old friends, dancing, dressing up, umm...the open bar.

I have known Karen since the sixth grade and it is just insane to see someone you've known for that long get married. It seems like she and Rick have been a married couple for a while, hehe, but it's still exciting to see it actually happen!

So here are a few of my favorite things from the Szatkowski wedding:

The photographer had us take pictures on the beach. It was sooooo windy out and our hair was whipping in our faces and our heels were sinking in the sand and our skirts were flying up and...it was so much fun. Of course the limo ride to and from the beach was a blast as well :) The boys had beer ready for us and we were all singing. It was already known that a great night was approaching us!

 Another shining moment of the weekend was getting my friend Jeff to "raise the roof" with me and we walked into the reception.  And even better...catching him sing "Stayin Alive" to himself later in the evening.  I think that was like the first time I've seen Jeff both sing and dance...let alone at the same time.

Ah, Gainesville Place...what awesome neighbors we had.  Thank goodness Karen moved in with them because we might have never have known them!  It was so good seeing them at the wedding.  They are just so fun to be around! And of course, so are my old roomies :)

Speaking of roomies...dancing with Kalen was definitely a highlight!  We pulled out all of our old moves. I just wish we had remembered to perform the "Grocery Store Checkout".  Either way, no one could ever dream of having our skills.  We're like fire and ice! Sugar and spice! Vanilla and chocolate!

 
Ojas's flight got cancelled for the weekend due to snow in Dallas?!  And although we missed him, I decided to bring my mom as my date to the rehearsal dinner.  I  couldn't make a better date choice.  We had a blast...and we may have had a little toooo much wine.

During the reception, Karen and Rick played a game where the DJ would say something like "Who will wash the dishes?" and the couple would anonymously hold up the shoe of the person who would do it.  This picture was taken on the last question when the DJ asked "Who wears the pants?".  Of course they both held up Karen's shoe.

And my favorite thing of all...seeing one of my best friends get married to a really great guy (who happens to also be a friend of mine).  I can't think of a couple more perfect for each other.  Even if they are a little sickening at times :P

No comments:

Post a Comment