Thursday, July 30, 2009

Portland - Part 2: Out with Holly and Ojas

Like I said in my last post...the second half of my Portland vacation was spent going out and about with Holly and Ojas. Even this half of the trip was diverse because we went did city and outdoorsy things.

This pretty much sums up how we all felt about Portland. It wasn't a bad "weird" though. It just had a lot of character.
Photobucket

The first thing we did was drive out of Portland to Multnomah Falls. I had been there with my family before but I knew I had to take Ojas and Holly there.

Photobucket

We enjoyed all parts of the falls from climbing up the top:
Photobucket

To relaxing at the stream at the bottom:
Photobucket

We even had Sno-Cones...I don't think it could have gotten any better than that.
Photobucket

The next day we headed for downtown. We had heard about the Saturday Market but I never thought it could be so huge! Turns out it's like the largest crafts market in the country. Pretty impressive, Portland.

Photobucket

Another thing we did was go to the Chinese Gardens in the middle of the city:
Photobucket

Photobucket

We also went to Voodoo Doughnuts. They're known for having crazy doughnut flavors. Holly had one that had rice krispies and peanut butter on it.

Photobucket

For two nights, my masi and masa were nice enough to take us out for dinner and drinks. I had so much fun with them!
Here are the girls:
Photobucket

and the guys:
Photobucket

My masa got Ojas to drink one too many Long Islands. By the time we got to Denny's, Ojas was DONE.
Photobucket

The next night, Binamasi and Mukeshmasa took us to UrbanFondue/Bartini. I have to say...it was way better than Melting Pot.

Photobucket

One of the best things about this trip was whitewater rafting. We were supposed to go while Ojas was there but we missed the trip and had the go the next day when he'd already be gone. It sucks that he missed it...but Binamasi, Holly and I had fun anyways.

I'll end this post with a few action shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment