Monday, July 27, 2009

Portland - Part 1: Family

The first week of my time in Portland was spent lazying about my Binamasi's (aunt's) house with a large part of my mom's family. Almost all the girls were there - everyone except Ninamasi and Sonal, who we all missed. We had a lot of fun. Did a lot of sitting around/drinking/talking/dancing..yes dancing. In the kitchen.

To thank my masi for having us all there I painted these martini glasses for her:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Turns out that my little cousins love doing crafty things too.
Here's Kayla (5)
Photobucket
Jayna (3)
Photobucket
And Rhianna or like we call her, Nani (2)
Photobucket

A lot of our time was spent with these girls. They're so freakin cute. As my friend Colleen says, they made my ovaries twitch a little.
We watched them stress out while learning how to ice skate:
Photobucket
Admire themselves at the mall:
Photobucket
and dance (you gotta see the first 8 seconds)



I don't have sound on my camera...so sorry about that. But man oh man were those girls crazy about Halo and Boom Boom Pow. The little one even knew how to mouth the words to both songs. She's TWO YEARS OLD!

One day my masa and masi's friend came to visit with 2 more kids. I swear there was a circus in the living room. There was a person/group playing with each kid. (Yeah that's Holly playing with one of them)

Photobucket

At some point, Maya and I decided to take a break and go see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince...mostly cause we couldn't wait till we got home to see it. The movie was soo soo good. Have to admit that I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Photobucket

I was sad to see my family disband as the week ended. We Patels are a crazy bunch.

Coming up...Portland- Part 2: Holly and Ojas

No comments:

Post a Comment