Thursday, September 9, 2010

"In my room...in your room"

Some of you may remember the Great Shower Leak of 2010 that occurred a few months ago. If not, it was...well, a shower leak...that messed up the carpet of my room and the family room. It also cause the vanity in my bathroom to somewhat fall apart from the dampness.

Since then, we have been working to renovate these areas. We got wood put into the family room. We also got new carpet in my room and replaced the mirror and vanity in my bathroom.

While our insurance gave us enough money to replace my pepto bismo pink 80s furniture, we decided to keep it and save the money for the future house that Ojas and I will have someday. Working with what we had, we painted both the room and the bathroom.

I've had this idea to have a giant tree on my wall and got excited when I saw there are companies that make vinyl wall stickers of what I wanted. Unfortunately, these stickers were like 70 bucks. I took the much cheaper route and decided to paint it myself.

Tree Wall
Finally hung up the lamp I made in undergrad.
The bathroom


LOVE LOVE LOVE my little corner of the house.  Perfect for reading Harry Potter and taking naps :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks great, Priya! Can you come to Orlando and help me finish decorating our house?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm anytime!! I'll actually be in Orlando this weekend but might not have much time because I'm going to Universal/IOA and have an interview! Maybe if I get it, we can hang out all the time!!

    ReplyDelete